The Store Manager has responsibility to drive financial results through exceptional store standards, execution of company strategies, and positive customer interaction. Effectively manages all aspects of the store inclusive of customer engagement, operational execution, people management, and merchandising presentation. Ability to effectively manage and coach a diverse workforce to ensure compliance with Company policies/procedures and to create a positive working environment. The SM has the ultimate responsibility to the entire store team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION (TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MOST IMPORTANT)
Areas of Responsibility
Invest in People:
- Communicates professionally and effectively with the team (Management and Sales Associates), customers, and business partners.
- Fosters a positive work environment for both employees and customers.
- Networks and recruits utilizing company tools to create a bench of talent for current and future growth.
- Capitalizes on opportunities to train, coach, and redirect the team on the sales floor as needed.
- Utilizes company tools including onboarding materials to train and develop associates to ensure execution of all store operations; addresses performance as needed.
- Adapts management style as necessary to lead and develop team while establishing measurable, attainable and actionable goals.
- Recognizes and rewards exceptional performance and redirects employees when needed to increase employee engagement.
- Effectively analyzes the business and takes necessary action to drive sales; is able to speak to business metrics/trends.
- Generates sales to meet and exceed goals to last year and budget.
- Effectively manages payroll and scheduling to maximize business during Sales Leader on Duty shifts.
- Communicates KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) to the team through effective use of the daily sales planner and team touch bases/meetings.
- Ensures asset protection through a consistent level of customer service, education, and operational controls.
- Prioritizes for self and team with use of all company tools to plan, track, and report completion of tasks and financial results.
- Maintains a strong and genuine customer focus on the sales floor at all times.
- Builds customer loyalty through execution and coaching of the team of program benefits.
- Consistently models the brands service standards while coaching others to success.
- Maintains company standard of a neat, clean, organized store.
- Promotes customer service consistently by engaging talent, encouraging positive customer interactions, and maintaining a ready all day store presentation.
- Merchandises to company standards and execute Company directives within set timelines.
- Executes merchandising standards including visual, signage, markdowns, and sales promotions.
- Utilizes reactionary merchandising to maintain store standards based on sell thru and/or assortment levels.
- Partners with Store teams on promotional planning and the execution of processes.
- Oversees team to ensure the efficient handling of all merchandise from shipment receipt, processing, visual placement, and replenishment.
Drive for Results
Managing and Measuring Work
Developing Direct Reports
Education / Experience Requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school degree or GED minimum requirement, BS/BA degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of store management experience
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated customer engagement skills
- Expert in store systems and operational controls
- Ability to communicate effectively to customers, team, and supervisor.
- Ability to lead, direct and execute multiple tasks concurrently
- Basic computers skills
- Flexible availability is required. Eight hour shifts and an average of 40 hours per week: including evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights. A minimum of two closing shifts a week.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time; climb up and down a ladder.
- Constant walking and standing; frequent bending, stooping and reaching.
- Ability to travel as needed.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties described may be changed or reassigned at the discretion of management, and the employee may be required to perform duties that are not listed in the job description.